|Rules And Regulations Regarding Parcel Retrieval at the Colonial Village I Site Office
WHEREAS, Article 111, Section 2. (f) Powers and Duties. of the By-laws grant the Board of Directors the power to make and amend rules and regulations governing the Condominium; and
WHEREAS, Article III, Section 2. of the By-laws further provides that the Board of Directors shall have all the powers and duties necessary for administration of the affairs of the Association and may do all such acts and things as are not by the Condominium Act, the Declaration or by the By-laws required to be exercised by the Association, including adoption of rules and regulations deemed necessary for the benefit of the Condominium; and
WHEREAS, the Board have identified the necessity to extend to Colonial Village Unit Owners and Residents a package retrieval courtesy due to policy changes recently enacted by UPS; and,
WHEREAS, the Board intend to establish specific and consistent Rules and Regulations regarding package retrieval by Unit Owners and Residents and to establish the guidelines for orderly, proper, accurate and methodical distribution of personal property packages left at the Site Office for retrieval by Unit Owners and Residents that will occur on and after February 1, 2001;
NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS HEREBY RESOLVED THAT the Board of Directors establish the following Rules and Regulations for package retrieval by Unit Owners and Residents of Colonial Village that take place on and after February 1, 2001 to apply equally and alike to all:
1. The Site Office is located on the eastern side of 1903 N. Key Boulevard and is open Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pin except for holidays: News Years Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving (Thurs. & Fri.) and Christmas Day. Packages can be retrieved during all hours that the Site Office is open.
2. Management will designate a room in the Site Office in which parcel delivery companies' (PDC's) employees can place packages for retrieval by Colonial Village Unit Owners and Residents. PDC employees will be responsible to place packages in an orderly fashion in order that they can be retrieved methodically by recipients.
3. Unit Owners and Residents will be notified by PDC's by way of a notice posted on individual unit entrance doors that a package has been left at the Site Office. PDC's will deliver said package to the Site Office and an employee of the management staff will accept and sign for packages left by PDC's.
4. When notified by PDC's that a package has been left at the Site Office, the package recipient should as quickly as practicable retrieve the package from the Site Office. PDC's will take back all packages that remain in the Site Office unclaimed for two (2) weeks.
5. In order to gain access to the room in which PDC's have left packages, Unit Owners and Residents will be required to show a picture identification, surrender to management staff the PDC notice and sign for the package(s).
6. The package recipient will be responsible to identify, retrieving and transporting their package(s) without the assistance of management staff.
7. Management staff will not be required to answer telephone inquiries from package recipients regarding sizes, shapes, weights, package shippers, selling vendors, addressees, or other information regarding packages that have been left at the Site Office by PDC's.
8. Management staff will not be required to interact with PDC's on the package recipient's behalf regarding return shipping instructions should the package recipient not wish to claim a package left by a PDC.
9. Colonial Village and CMI and it's employees assigned to the Colonial Village Site Office are expressly held harmless and accept no responsibility for any real or alleged damages that are found to exist by package recipients. All damage claims shall be reported directly to PDC's.
Duly adopted at a meeting of the Board of Directors of the Unit Owners Association of Colonial Village held on January 9, 2001.